There are several styles trending this summer in hair; but one that has caught my attention is the slicked back wet look. Variations of this style hit the runways hard for spring/summer 2012 collections. Initially, I was a little turned off by some of the more severely sleeked and wet looking styles. While there are definitely those who can pull off an extreme wet look, I would like to focus on some slightly more subdued ways that this trend can inspire everyday wearable styles. So here are some do’s and don’t’s to guide you…
1. Over-do it by using too much product (such as gel or oil). This can make your hair look greasy and/or be unflattering.
1. Use a light gel, oil, or balm.
2. Tousle the hair for a beachy, messy look.
3. Lightly blow dry or air dry your hair when trying to achieve a stylish, wet-look with some volume.
4. Try slicking some hair back on top and leaving hair down around your face as seen in the picture below. I think that this is a great way to pull off this trend: high-sheen and a slightly damp appearance (that doesn’t look drenched).
5. Play with texture. Beachy waves and volume are great for summer. The varying textures and sheen create added interest.
6. Try sleeking your hair back into a very polished pony or braid.